Friday, January 27, 2012

Do cut gladiolas need flower food like roses and carnations or just water?

If you have flower food handy, add it to your water. This lengthens the life of the gladiola. Also, cut the tip about 2-3 inches from the top to encourage the buds to open up.

Do cut gladiolas need flower food like roses and carnations or just water?
I look %26amp; care for my flowers %26amp; plants just like I do my kids. All livings organs need food and water to survive. Even though your gladiolas are cut they do need food. In my opinion the blooms are healthier,fuller, and stroonger. When I cut my roses back and feed them. Their blooms are fuller. The fragrance of my roses over come your sense of smell when you pull into my driveway. I love it.
Reply:Just water. Flower food from the florist is like an asprin, it slows down the process of dying flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment