Monday, January 30, 2012

I hope my poem helps some for the Virginia Tech victims?

More Flower Orders



They want tulips, roses,

lily of the valley.

They're ordering carnations

and daisies, chrysanthemums too.

I gotta get them there-they need them,

to cover up the grief-

they say it'll be none too soon.

They want sweet william,

to sweeten the pain

that only yesterday wasn't there

They want asters, they want mums-

they want forget-me-nots, and orchids

oh please will it help this despair?

I'll get in my truck

and deliver the goods

these flowers to lay on the lawn

and as I do,

I'll certainly pray

for a griefless, flowerless dawn.

I hope my poem helps some for the Virginia Tech victims?
I think it's beautiful. Thank you.
Reply:The last two lines are very powerful. Very true.


No comments:

Post a Comment