Monday, January 30, 2012

I have spiced carnations, and they died on our porch, so I brought them in one is dead, can they be kept for n

I would like to know when a carnation dies if you can cut it back for another year or what can help it to come back, the hot sun here got to it an even though I was watering it still just like dried up, If any one knows if they can be saved , wheather cut back or just throw it out let me know please.

thanks

I have spiced carnations, and they died on our porch, so I brought them in one is dead, can they be kept for n
Hi Old man

If it is indeed dead, it is dead. Without seeing it is hard for me to say, but, if it is not, then I will tell you how to try to revive it.

Yes, cut it back to a height of four inches. Then, give it a dose of liquid fertilizer, such as Peters, available at Lowes, Walmart, etc. Do not keep it wet. Allow the soil to dry out between waterings. Hopefully, you will begin to see new growth. Cutting it back will force more energy toward the roots, where it is needed.



Best of luck, let me know


No comments:

Post a Comment